Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Hybrid by Venus Morales Review!

The Hybrid

BOOK DETAILS:
The Hybrid by Venus Morales 
(The Hybrid Series #1) 
Publication date: February 9th 2015
Genres: Urban Fantasy, Young Adult

Synopsis:
Ari is the Hybrid daughter to Ares, the god of war, who was raised in secrecy, until her 18th birthday when she decides to venture out into the mortal realm.
Julius an archangel appears to Ari with a prophesied message from the seer, that Ari wants no part of. From the moment they met Julius stirred something dark and dangerous with Ari, awakening her inner dark essence to it’s new found abilities.

Alaris, the prince of the underworld. He is determined to have Ari. Slowly luring her into his web, away from Julius. Ari knows he is dangerous, and is hypnotized by him, but still refuses to run the other way. Conflicted by her emotions for two men, as her inner dark essence continues to torment her, slowly pushing her to the dark side. Ari is forced to do the one thing she has been avoiding to do, late mother’s coven and regain her crown.

Little does Ari know she if fighting for more than her crown, she is fighting for her life. She has seven days to prepare for her trials, seven days to fight for her life. As her inner dark essence tries to consume her and an unknown enemy is trying to kill her.

Ari doesn’t know what to do, doesn’t know who she can trust, when she cant even trust herself.


My Review

I want to start my review with saying I want book two, like yesterday!! Please! :) Yep, I loved this one. I'm pumped, because I signed up for this one as a review opportunity on a whim. I wasn't sure what to expect. It was awesome. We start in New Orleans, well hey, I live up the road! With Ari and her BFF Ily killing Deamonons, they are demons of sorts. She's the daughter of Ares, her mother was a phoenician, like a phoenix, and she's a warrior at heart. This was a fascinating story on how she thought she was nothing, because she was a hybrid, and she ended up being everything. Her dual nature always caused her trouble, but now she needs every power she can get her hands on to help stop a coming evil. Oh, and of course NOLA is awesome, but her BFF, the coven vampire queen, the gods and goddesses, the creatures who claim the shadows, this was just too cool!! Let's see if I can break it down without ruining too many things. 

Ariellis, aka Ari, is Ares-the god of war's daughter- lives almost like a human. She lives in New Orleans. She goes to bars and hangs out with her friend. She rides a cool motorcycle. Oh and I forgot to mention, she's a princess. She's the on-hold princess of her mother's clan, and she kind of stays away from that side of her. When her mother died giving birth to her, she was supposed to grow to take her thrown, but she's shied from that side of her. It's her darkness. But all in one night, when she is fighting deamonons to protect innocent girls, Alaris and Julius show up. Both call to her in ways she doesn't understand. Both she finds attraction to. Both are opposite, one being light and one being dark. Alaris is the bad boy, who is dark, and vanishes in thin air, and is beautiful in a scary way. Julius is light, and handsome, and kind, with some special set of feathery appendages. LOL Man, I dunno, I wanted them both. And I won't tell you who's team I chose. That one is for you to pick. Have an open mind :) 

It all started when some angels disappeared. They are being held hostage in the underworld. Both Alaris and Julius have connections to those angels. In different ways. I loved Ari's reactions to both of them, I hated her next reaction was to run from them every time, as she was always running. I know her emotions are what brings her dark side out, but she would run every time. Thank you Ily for telling her to stop that! I cheered for that conversation. I also cried because Ari was going through such a terrible time at that moment. Her world was crashing on her. And I loved her BFF, the lovely vampire queen, and her obsession with shoes hahaha. But they are both bad ass. Like I'm scared and I'd run to be on their bad sides. And Ares and Hera, dude, coolest mawmaw ever! The characters in this book are completely awesome. So in depth, with good back grounds and explanations, all different, but all of them stole my heart the same. 

The writing is well done. This story became a must have for the series about 25% through. I knew I was going to need book two. It's a great start to a new series that I enjoyed the whole way through. The world building is great with the different supernatural types and how they all work. I can't wait to learn even more about them. Seriously, this is a new series that I'm a huge fan of now. I can't wait for the next one. :) 5 PAWS!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment