30 Authors. 30 Shifter Stories.
One Epic Release Day.
After faced with crippling loss, a heartbroken raven must find her wings again...
Treasure hunters are trained to find things, but all Morgana has known is loss. When someone she loves dies because she can’t protect them, she shies away from the world, too afraid to let anyone else get close. That won’t last long because ravens aren’t ones to pass up on shiny things.
Cody has never really felt accepted. He’s a coyote shifter of Native American heritage, but he gets his looks from his Scandinavian mother, unlike his siblings and the rest of his people. That makes him all the more dedicated when what seemed like a freak tornado becomes something much scarier.
When Cody realizes that his family’s powerful talisman has slips into the wrong hands, he desperately needs help. But he never imagined he’d be fall head over heels for the beautiful, if not, mysterious treasure hunter. Morgana will need to let go of being hurt again if they have any hope of saving not only each other, but also the small town that they both love from disaster.
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Sarah_Makela_Moonlit_Feathers?id=UNndCgAAQBAJ
All Romance eBooks: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-moonlitfeathers-1918850-344.html?referrer=516335fe9df93
Another great addition to the Woodland Creek World. I loved it. As a Raven shifter, Morgana is a beautiful bird, but when she's human, she is in pain. She lost her boyfriend Ezra, during one of their treasure hunting jobs. She knew she had advantages over him, being human, and she could shift and fly away. So she has a lot of blame- which really isn't needed. But when she moves to Woodland Creek- running from her past, she never expected to meet Cody- the Coyote shifter. Cody is desperate to find a magical talisman that belongs to his tribe. There's great power but it can also be really bad if the person trying to use it had not so nice intentions. So, he finds Morgana to help him track it down. He didn't expect her either. And their chemistry is awesome, though he wants her and is honest about it, and she is still running. She doesn't want to let anyone in, because they have the power to hurt her. And yet, Cody being bullied and cast aside by his whole family is still willing to give it a try. He has never fit in or felt loved, except by his grandma. Yeah, Grandma is wise woman cool and a bit creepy too LOL. And then we have the extra scary wizard who wants to have too much power. I couldn't put this one down and I loved the writing. The story made me smile because both Cody and Morgana healed themselves while healing the other. They make a wonderful team, though it took a minute for them to get that. I am so happy that Cody kept going for her. And that she finally gave in. Yeah, this one is really great!! 5 PAWS!!
- First, tell me a little about your book and why you wanted to write this particular story…. Moonlit Feathers is about a treasure hunting raven shifter who helps a Native American coyote shifter find his family’s powerful talisman that fell into the wrong hands after a freak tornado.
I enjoyed writing this particular story because they are reluctantly teaming up since each of them are dealing with their own inner pain. She’s suffering from the death of loved ones and feeling like she’s cursed, and he’s never really felt accepted.
- Do you recall how your interest in writing originated or did you always just know? My interest in writing began early when I found a book of poetry my mother wrote. It built from there since I’ve always enjoyed reading. As a kid, I loved Goosebumps, Scary Stories to Tell In The Dark, and other paranormal books. In middle school, I picked up my first romance novel. When I discovered paranormal romance, everything clicked into place.
- Out of all the characters in your book, who is your favorite to write? There’s always a fan favorite to read about but sometimes it’s the side characters that are the most fun I really enjoyed writing Morgana. She’s a kick-ass heroine, but that’s more of a façade since she tries really hard to protect herself from the pain of getting too close to anyone else again. It was interesting to navigate that fine line while staying true to her character.
- How did you come up with the lead character(s)? With the Woodland Creek series, we all needed to come up with individual shapeshifters to make it easier and more consistent for readers. I decided on what my shifters would be based on what was taken and what animals I’m interested in. After that, it was a matter of figuring out who the hero and heroine were. With it being a New Adult, I liked the idea of one of them being a college student. I tried out a writing exercise a couple weeks before I started writing Moonlit Feathers to help me discover my characters, and it ended up going in the book because it really led me to discover who my heroine was. I basically built on the characters from there, figuring out that if the heroine wasn’t a college student then the hero was and so on.
- Is your book part of a series, and if so, how many will there be? It’s part of the Woodland Creek series, which is thirty books written by thirty authors. All of the books are standalones.
- What are you working on now? Right now I’m working on the second season of my new adult shifter romance serial, Beneath the Broken Moon as part of National Novel Writing Month.
- How do you chose when/which characters die in your books? That’s a good question. Sometimes I plot things like this out, and other times, I just go with the book’s flow to figure out the right time.
- If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book? No, I think it came out pretty well.
- Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? Yes. Lol Sometimes keeping yourself in front of your computer and actually writing can be pretty challenging, but I can’t imagine doing anything else.
- Who designed the cover? And do you help with them? Jennifer Munswami at J.M. Rising Horse Creations designed the cover. She did an awesome job! I only gave her the male stock image, and she came up with the rest.
- Did you learn anything from writing your books and what was it? Yes, I tried out a different writing software called Scrivener and found it really easy to make notes and keep on track with where the story was headed. I’ve been using it to write books ever since.
- If you could be one of your characters, who would you chose? That’s really difficult because, honestly, I wouldn’t want to face the pain the heroine or hero went through. Of course, if it was just the pleasant Happily Ever After world we’re talking about, then that would be okay.
- We all love Supernatural, so which Winchester brother is for you? Dean is my favorite, but they’re both great.
- This or that...
A. Coffee addict? No
B. What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage? Hard cider
C. Favorite Food? I don’t really have a favorite, but I do like steak and roasted potatoes.
D. If you had to chose Coffee or Chocolate? Chocolate
E. Beach or mountains? Mountains
F. Winter or summer? Winter
G. vampires or werewolves? Werewolves
H. Cold or hot? Cold
I. Favorite color? Purple
J. Night or day? Night
K. Moonlight or sunlight? Moonlight
L. Bad boy or good guy next door? In books, bad boy. In real life, good guy!
Ok, that’s enough! LOL thanks so much for coming visit me, and thanks so much, for doing this with us! I appreciate it and I look forward to the next time!
About the Author
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Sarah Mäkelä loves her fiction dark, magical, and passionate. She is a paranormal romance author and a life-long paranormal fan who still sleeps with a night light. In her spare time, she reads sexy books, watches scary movies, and plays computer games with her husband. When she gets the chance, she loves traveling the world too.
The Woodland Creek Series is an innovative and collaborative collection of Shifter stories set in one town, each with a guaranteed Happily Ever After.
Sibilance by Aria Kane -- This sexy trickster won't let Sophia Samson slither out of his life so easily. Amazon | Goodreads
Crow's Caw at Nightmoon Creek by Calinda B -- All she can think about is his naked body in the woods last night...and how he murdered her best friend. Amazon | Goodreads
Running Free by K Webster -- Can Frankie prove her innocence with a sexy detective hot on her trail? Amazon | Goodreads
Broken Wings by Mindy Larson – Love, secrets and lies make for a thrilling ride in Broken Wings. Amazon | Goodreads
Mina’s Revenge by J.M. Witt -- Her powers are changing and they're more than the bloodline inheritance from her mother. Amazon
Gargoyle by Scarlett Dawn -- Being stone-hard has never been this sexy and wicked before. Amazon | Goodreads
Zenko by J. Rose Alexander -- Blaze Riordan must find Melody Hastings before Halloween--and only a little red fox can help him do it. Amazon
The Scarlett Legacy by K.N. Lee -- All Evie wanted was to escape her family's secret...and then Avalon walked into town. Amazon
The Beast Within by Rachel M. Raithby -- Passion ignites, and pasts collide, when the Beast comes out to play. Amazon | Goodreads
Sinful Instincts by J.D. Hollyfield -- She was his temptation, and he was her ultimate Sin. Amazon
Moonlit Feathers by Sarah Makela -- After faced with crippling loss, a heartbroken raven must find her wings again…. Amazon | Goodreads
Hounded by Tasha Black -- This dog is about to have his day... Amazon
Dearborn by Jenni Moen -- I craved normalcy, to fall in love with someone untouched by the magic of Woodland Creek, but not as much as I craved him. Amazon | Goodreads
The Good Girl’s Guide to Being a Demon by April Aasheim -- What's a good girl to do when she starts developing horns, and a hunger? Amazon
Blind Trust by Raci Ames -- When Pia goes blind she must learn to trust what her heart can see, even if it means falling in love with two different shifters. Amazon | Goodreads
Dragon's Web by Lia Davis -- One sexy dragon, two strong-willed females, a family scandal, murder, and a love that requires plenty of ice. Amazon | Goodreads
Wicked Jackal by Cherie Marks -- The freedom to choose her fate is all she wants, but can she resist the draw of one wicked jackal? Amazon | Goodreads
One Insatiable by Tia Louise -- One wounded panther, one restless lynx, one insatiable hunger. Amazon | Goodreads
Dream Catcher by M.C. Cerny -- Happenstance brought Kerri Harper to Woodland Creek, but will she stay for the wolf intent on mending her broken heart? Amazon
The Viking’s Curse by Xandra James -- He was supposed to keep me alive after I was marked for death, but hiring the meanest Viking shifter in town might just kill me. Amazon | Goodreads
There are three amazing prizes for this blog tour!
- Always Loyal, a Michael Stokes photography book
- Exhibition, a Michael Stokes photography book
- $20 Giftcard to your choice of Amazon, B&N, or Starbucks
Post a Comment