Author Nancy Straight will be touring His Frozen Heart from November 3-14, 2014. Join us for reviews and more!
Title: His Frozen Heart
Author: Nancy Straight
Age Group: NA
Genre: Romantic Suspense
For best friends, Candy and Libby, money is tight with hardly enough to cover their living expenses. When they are desperate for grocery money, the girls bet on their pool playing skills to add to their income.
A simple wager on a quiet winter evening has devastating results, with a stalker determined to kill them both. With Libby in the hospital after a vicious attack, and Candy being pursued by the same stalker, she vows to find Libby's attacker.
What she finds is Dave, an old friend with a secret past filled with misfortune. Will Dave’s past provide the answer to all of Candy’s problems or will it become Candy’s worst nightmare realized?
Ok so you guys know I don't really do contemp or romance, or contemp romance. BUT I make the exception when it's a favorite author of mine. Yep, Ms Nancy is definitely one of those favorites that I stalk! ALOT! So when she told me she was doing a contemp romance and asked if I wanted in, I say of course. LOL BUT I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. That should tell you a lot because I really don't read those hahaha. But anyways. Her writing is too damn good to pass up and she is a genius when she writes!
So, Candy and Libby just graduated, and they are living together in Candy's parents' house. It's harder than they thought. Someone has to clean, and take care of things. Not parties every night and fun times. Food and money are a must to have and they don't. And then, this gets them into trouble. With some troubling things, Libby is in the hospital after being attacked, and Candy has to figure out who and why. She can't lose her best friend. Let me just say I wanted to cry for Candy. She really does have a lot on her plate and a really tough time.
I really couldn't put this word down. Ms Nancy will suck you in, have you crying or screaming. It's suspenseful so you'll need to hold on to your seats. So, I can say it's not just romance, it's mystery and I'm very cool with that. I am so excited for you Ms N, because you are doing so well. Everything your pen touches comes out gold! CONGRATS! And as for you guys, get this one, ASAP, it's well worth it!! :) 5 PAWS!!
Ms Nancy, I loved that you did this one by yourself!! I loved your choices and I of course think I may have rubbed off on you just a little!! YAY!!!!!! It's a really good one too :)
His Frozen Heart - Playlist
1. Libby and Candy teepeeing Mr. Brinks’ house. “Girls just wanna have fun” by Cyndi Lauper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A
2. Libby hustling pool with Candy. “Man Eater” by Hall and Oats – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbevQH1B9ic I know this is an old song, but I can’t help it – this is the song I hear in my head when Libby is hustling pool.
3. Candy being attacked at the gas station. “Stronger” by Kanye West https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g “That that don’t kill me can only make me stronger” should be Candy’s motto throughout this whole book.
4. Candy finding Libby at the hospital. “Every time you go” by 3 Doors Down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ZRX8984sc This is such a sad song it captures exactly what Candy is feeling while Libby is in the hospital.
5. Candy seeing Dave for the first time in two years. “Enchanted” by Taylor Swift https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCTc9sLguuc This song just feels like a it was written for two people who have just discovered it other – I totally love it!
6. Dave chasing Candy back to her house. “I’ll follow you” by Shinedown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IF5TfnmV0k The part in the lyrics where he says he’d chase her into the eye of the storm – that’s exactly what Dave does by following Candy home.
7. Candy finding out Dave is really on her side. “Heartbeat” by The Fray https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp0_2fjPlbM This song feels like Dave is singing it to Candy.
9. Dave showing his tattoo to Candy. “Arms of an Angel” by Sarah McLauchlan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8 This song is beautiful and echo’s Candy’s heart when Dave shows her his tattoo.
10. Candy being kidnapped. “Renegade” by Styx https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhuso4OTG4 The whole “wanted” theme with this song goes great with this scene.
11. Candy’s escape from Grey. “What I’ve done” by Linkin Park https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkwW9tdOV6Q Okay, the lyrics may not go with this one, but the music totally feels like an escape song!
12. Mark’s assistance. “Jar of Hearts” by Christina Perry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v_4O44sfjM This song is perfect for Mark who doesn’t seem he can catch a break.
13. Libby’s recovery. “Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4uNoqbi67M I soooooo love this song and if I were Candy I would have sung it to Libby when she woke up!
14. Final Scene of the book. “Beautiful Day” by Chris Cagle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq6z8AGPf5E The perfect song for a happily ever after ending.
I LOVE Starbucks’ White Mocha Latte and Mountain Dew, (but not together). I have a lead foot so I set cruise control when I drive, even in 25 MPH zones. I almost never win when I play Angry Birds, but have my 9 year old close, so he can clear the hard levels for me. I grew up on a farm and am opposed to eating fresh chicken (not opposed to meat - just opposed to any meat that was alive a few hours before lunch). I am a huge fan of the show, Big Bang Theory, on CBS. I share my life with two fantastic sons, three rotten dogs and a husband that I adore.
- $100 Amazon gift card,
- 10 signed paperbacks,
- 10 audiobooks,
- 20 ebooks
- a Rafflecopter giveaway