Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Sicarii by A.J. Bennett & Julia Crane (Hired Gun #1-4) Review!

The Sicarii

BOOK DETAILS:

The Sicarii by A.J. Bennett & Julia Crane
(Hired Gun #1-4)
Publication date: February 13th 2015
Genres: Adult, Paranormal

Synopsis:
Tall, dark, and sexy as hell, Thorne Hollow knows the power he holds over the opposite sex and how to use it. Cast out by the gods thousands of years ago, he roams the earth working as an assassin for The Sicarii, a secret society who protects humans from all of the things that go bump in the night.

One night stands are his way of life … until he meets a mysterious woman whose intriguing power compels him to uncover more about her and the strange magic she wields.

Completed Hired Gun Serial.

My Review

This was definitely an interesting read for me. I wasn't quite sure when I signed up to review it. There's a lot of things that can be considered "bump in the night" supernatural. However, it's not just about the bad guys. And the mythology surrounding the Gods were crazy good.  Thorne is a demi god, who has been exiled to earth for punishment, and it's all because he's not good enough, his blood is mixed. He's actually pretty good living her on Earth. He's become accustomed to it and has become good with it, well maybe not good, he's bitter. He works for the Sicarii, like the secret FBI undercover assassins. I don't know if that's real, but that's how I think about it ;) He loves what he does and he's good at it. And he's a man whore. And then he gets the whopper of a life time when he meets Kat. He had a wife, before, but this woman makes him feel things that scares him. 

This is the full book of the first four serials. It was done well. The romance is streamy, the quirky and snarky comments made it funny, and there's a good bit of action and suspense. And it opens up the movement for the story between some ofther mythology characters. I think we'll see some more of these two. But I did have a few things that bothered me. Like a few little over looks, like Thorne reading something on a paper, then a computer screen, Well it's one or the other, LOL And some of the geneolgy got confused. I'm trying to explain without telling you something spoilery. And maybe that I just wanted more in the character developments.  It's a good story, but maybe I wanted just more. You see, Benny and Nike were my favorite characters, and they were the supporting roles. So, maybe it's just the main characters themselves that gave me issues. LOL I really liked the concept of the hired gun part, assassin demi god. 

I was a little back and forth. Some parts of the books i loved, and some parts I just wanted to slap someone LOL I'm still not sure who that someone was. Sometimes Kat and Thorne equally annoyed me. However, I think because I loved Nike and Benny so much, I will definitely be reading the next book. The concept of the story is intriguing, and I'm very interested to see where this will go. With that said, 3.5 PAWS! 



No comments:

Post a Comment